Translate Language

Friday, September 14, 2012

Aaarrr me harties!!!

Last couple days have been fairly entertaining for me.  Beginning of the year my left eyelid flaired up to like three times the size, like I'd been punched in the face.  It went down after a week and I was left with a little bump in it.  I later was informed this was a cyst.  Its something that can happen when the pores around your eyelids are blocked and oil etc builds up and cant be released.  Fairly common.  Though I'd love to know how it even happened. 

I recall my sister getting this a few years back.  She was practically in tears when it flared up and hassled me to take her to the hospital at like 3am.  So when I got it I wasnt surprised to find out it only hurt for a few hours and then I was ok.  Mind you my pain tolerance is pretty high.  She told me if it doesnt go away and I have to get it fixed at the hospital that its horribly horribly painful.  Again I ignored that.

So I finally went on A couple days ago.  They decided it was best to cut it open and clean it out since it had been with me for like 4months now.  So I get on the bed/chair thing and they lay me down.  First they stick an injection into my eyelid.  I'm all like ok.  Then the guy puts some sort of clamp on my eyelid so he can pull  it up.  The way they do it is cut from UNDER the eyelid.  This is to avoid scarring and something else to do with something order other, ie I stopped paying attention since it didnt matter.  So now my eyelid is up and they do a second injection.  So I'm lying there all nice and numb by now wondering when he plans to cut my skin open with a scalpel.  I then realize hes already working at cleaning out the problem area.  He'd already cut it and I didnt even notice.   When he finished they washed the eye out then gave me a huge patch.  I asked for one in black which got a couple of the doctors and the nurse to laugh some.  Heres me with my sexy eye patch.






I had to wear this bastard of a thing for the entire day and remove it the next day.  Its a bit annoying doing stuff with one eye when you're not used to it.  I also drove home from the hospital.  The doctor expressly asked me not to.  But I know my limits and that was completely within them.  I dont do anything if I'm even slightly unsure.  I'm an awesome driver.

The entire day I was waiting for the pain to kick in after the eyelid lost its numbness.  It never really came.  There was a point where it stung a little for a short period of time so I guess that was it.  Come next day I removed it happily.  Doctor said I could expect some swelling.


I'm also expected to put this shitty cream into my eye like 4 times a day for the next 5 days.  I hate it.  The stuff is totally resistant to water.  So if I get any on my fingers I have to wipe at it with paper or something for a while.  Well the second day is finally over.  4 days left of this rubbish.  It still isnt hurting.  But it does feel annoyingly uncomfortable.  I look forward to the doctors bill now.

4 comments:

  1. Oh deary me, it looks really painful. Glad it doesn't feel so.
    On the bright side, I couldn't help but notice you have very nice and thick eyelashes, come here often? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have sharpie'd it black tbh.

    And ...ugh I'd probably lose my mind. One of my WORST fears would be to have my eye surgically operated on. That, and something like having a tube inserted into my lungs...I have thus-far in my life only ever had dental work, nothing more than that. x.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. well! I'm glad you're doing well! :O

    ReplyDelete