Translate Language

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Unbelievable Camera

My friend grabbed a new camera the other day and was showing me some photos he took.  I'll put them up here first...






Thats right.  You are looking at the moon.  He used the zoom to go all the way to the bloody moon.  Photos clearly downsized for the blog...This is super impressive, I thought to myself.  This must be stupidly expensive too.  I also thought this must have a stupidly massive lens like you see the photographers have at sporting events and other stuff..  Here is what it looks it..






Well thats not too huge...  So I ask him how much it cost?  $600US.  This damn camera, the Nikon P900, only costs 600.  I was totally floored.  I plan to head over to his place sometime in the next week or so when I gather the energy to do so and give it a little run through.  He claims its pretty excellent to use, auto mode is even great.  The specs are pretty impressive too.  I mean 83x optical zoom.  What the hell has something that high!!  Most cameras are like 3x or maybe 20x.   I'll end this off by linking a clip of someone recording in video mode of them zooming to the moon, in daylight at that.  And if you watch closely, you can see the damn moon revolving slowly.  That just blew my mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment