Translate Language

Friday, October 25, 2013

Catching up on stuff

I've got a super long list of games and movies that I need to catch up on. Its pretty daunting for sure.  Currently playing Dead Space 3 with Royce and plan to upload those clips soon.  Finished Tales of Graces F, pretty decent game.  I'm a bit of a fan of the Tales Of games.  Theres some shit ones which I've avoided, but some class ones.  At the moment recently started Tales of Xillia.  Pretty large change in the series.

Other than that I've been trying to catch up on a bunch of movies I've always wanted to watch.  Yesterday I finally saw Night of the Living Dead, way back from 1968.  While I've seen plenty of zombie movies from the 80s and onwards, I still had plenty of older films I never got around to watching.  I thought it was pretty cool.  Considering when it came out it must of had a pretty solid impact on viewers.  The Haunting from 1963, I really enjoyed that one.  Excellent film.   The Innocents, 1961.  Rosemary's Baby, 1968 had a really nice flow to it.  Very enjoyable.  And also Vincent Price's 1963 film,  The Haunted Palace which I totally loved.  Despite my huge adoration of him I have yet to watch quite a few of his films.  I have Dr Philes on list for sometime this week.  I need to re-watch a few of Christopher Lee's films too at some stage.  And a bunch of older Hammer films.  The 1960's really was an amazing time for movies.  They still had that stage acting feel that movies today dont have.  But yeah, so many films

One thing I'm still disgusted with myself is I still havent had the chance to sit down and watch all of the Twilight Zone episodes.  I grabbed the bluray releases of the original series.  Some amazing transfers and extras on those.  Just need to sit down and go through those.  I've seen all the ones made later though during the 80s I think it was.  Including the enjoyable Outer Limits seasons.  Only last year I managed to catch up on the Ray Bradbury series, who unfortunately died the week after I completed viewing all the episodes.  Plus The Night Gallery, a pretty entertaining series from the 70s which was similar to the Twilight Zone.  Scifi and Horror.  I just live for it.  I still have quite a few Lovecraft movies to catch up.  I've been purposely holding back on them so I have something to look forward to.  Watched Dagon a little while back.  That was great.

Speaking of catching up, I've also been trying to make time for some podcast recordings that my friend Scott uploads on his site, G2V Podcast.  He runs it with his friend Arnold Blumberg.  Both authors of some great stuff,and they focus mostly on horror and scifi content with some really great info and insights.  I dont know if I've mentioned it before or not so I thought I'd do it again anyway if I did.  But definitely worth checking out.  I'll put the links below.

http://www.g2vpodcast.com/

https://www.facebook.com/G2Vpodcast

No comments:

Post a Comment