Translate Language

Monday, June 16, 2014

3D modeling / 3D Printing

A while back I commissioned someone to create a sculpture of my cat from photos.  They did an awesome job except the face wasnt quite right, which to me makes it useless.  I've decided not to waste any more time on this approach.  Instead I'm thinking of having a model created in 3D with whatever Maya 3DS Max whathaveyou, so its easy to fine tune it till its perfect.  And then get it printed out with one of those new fangled 3D printers.  The 3D printer is easily bought, though thats down the line at some stage.  A very long line..  Probably just pay some place to do it for me.  My main issue is 3D modelling.  I have zero experience.  Was looking at the programs and beginner tutorials and my head exploded.  It's something I'd have to spend weeks every day to try and figure one little bit out.  A paid course would be nice.  I'm thinking of messing iwth 3DS Max since that looks a crapload easier than maya.

But yeah, if anyone knows someone whos legendary at 3D modelling, specifically of the animal variety and takes commissions, I'd be super appreciative if you were to message me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment