Translate Language

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A diet of champions

So I've still got this cold.  Never before have I had a cold this long.  I'm so annoyed that I'm going to the doctors tomorrow to see what sort of DRUGS they can feed me.  Sadly the doctor I usually see isnt free till friday, and I dont have the patience for that right now, so I'm seeing some lady I dont know. 

The other day a friend of mine said to me, I know why you dont gain weight even though you eat enough for 3 cows.  And she sent me this link..

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/entertainment/30-Oct-2012/the-horror-movie-diet


I'll paste what it says here-

WATCHING a horror film could burn off the equivalent of a bar of chocolate in calories, according to new research.
Viewers who put themselves through 90 minutes of adrenaline-pumping terror can use up as much as 113 calories, close to the amount burned during a half-hour walk and the equivalent to a chocolate bar. The movie top of the list of calorie-burners was found to be the 1980 psychological thriller The Shining, with the average viewer using up a whopping 184 calories.
Jaws took the runner-up spot, with viewers burning on average 161 calories, and The Exorcist came third, with 158 calories.
The University of Westminster study measured the total energy expenditure of ten different people as they watched a selection of frightening movies.
Scientists recorded their heart rate, oxygen intake and carbon dioxide output - and discovered the number of calories used increased by on average a third during the films.
The research also revealed films featuring moments designed to make viewers jump in terror are the best calorie-burners, as they cause heart rates to soar.
Dr Richard Mackenzie, of the University of Westminster, said: "Each of the ten films tested set pulses racing, sparking an increase in the heart rate of the case studies. As the pulse quickens and blood pumps around the body faster, the body experiences a surge in adrenaline. It is this release of fast acting adrenaline, produced during short bursts of intense stress (or in this case, brought on by fear), which is known to lower the appetite, increase the Basal Metabolic Rate and ultimately burn a higher level of calories."  –WO


 I'm not really sure how it applies to me.  Oh sure I love watching horror films and watch a few a week.  But its rare that any scare me or even make me jump so I dont think my heart rate is up.  But either way this is a pretty awesome diet.  Play Amnesia, lose 5pounds loollool

2 comments:

  1. Probably a sinus infection...which either has to be waited out or treated. I always waited them out but I guess that's cuz my immune system overreacts to everything and I am God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well doctor said its just the after affects of a dying cold so everything should be gone in a week, which is what I expected. I'm 100% sure I havent gotten over it quickly because of a lack of sleep, thanks to my mum babysitting kids who talk like they've got fucking megaphones stuck to their lips.

      Delete