Translate Language

Friday, February 15, 2013

Russian Meteor Shower

The other day in Russia they had a spectacular meteor shower created from rocks that had broken off from a larger meteor thats supposed to pass us soon.  20th or something, I'm not sure.  I'd look it up to keep from being wrong but I have no problem with being wrong.  I am also too lazy to check.  This would be really awesome if people hadnt been injured during it. I dunno how that happened either.  Probably crashed their cars while looking up or walked into cars while looking up.  Heres a clip with a few different videos from different areas.



2 comments:

  1. The larger meteor and the smaller one are unrelated. It's an extreme coincidence. To quote a page I follow on facebook...

    "I know it seems like too much of a coincidence, but please be aware that there is almost certainly NO connection between the meteor that hit Russia this morning and the asteroid that is due to pass Earth in a few hours.

    To quote Phil Plait: "For one thing, this occurred about 16 hours before DA14 passes. At 8 kilometers per second that’s nearly half a million kilometers away from DA14. That puts it on a totally different orbit. For another, from the lighting, time of day, and videos showing the rising Sun, it looks like this was moving mostly east-to-west. I may be off, but that’s how it looks. DA14 is approaching Earth from the south, so any fragment of that rock would also appear to move south-to-north."

    We live in a very big universe, and sometimes strange coincidences happen."


    ---


    Though to be honest. Being killed by a meteor...that's the way to go. I mean..you cannot die more epically if you try. I mourn, but also say...hey...they died in a spectacular fashion :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFBtfR54Svk

    ...this is a shocker, though.

    ReplyDelete