Translate Language

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Outlast #1

So this game finally came out that I was looking forward to.  I rarely buy games on release but this one had a special discount I couldnt avoid.  It'll probably be the last new release game I buy for a long time while I catch up with all my old ones.  Theres just no money for them.  I'll wait for them to be on super discounts during steam sales in the future.  Which is anoying since I'm missing out on Total War Rome 2, the first Total War game I wont be getting on release since the very first Shogun game came out.  I love that damn series.  Oh well.  Maybe in 6months.

So anyway, this Outlast game, its kinda in the same style as Amnesia.  One thing that pissed me off though was the graphic settings.  Some genius thought motion blur was an excellent idea.  I dont.  I absolutely hate motion blur.  It not only helps with making you feel motion sickness more, but it scrubs out all the details in the stage every time you move.  You cant appreciate anything because its smeared to hell since you're always moving.  So for the first couple or so clips it'll be default, but I've found some options in the games ini file that will let me switch that off as well as improve a few other things so I'm looking forward to that.  In the meantime heres the first part.



No comments:

Post a Comment