Translate Language

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My PC survives

Well the slight upgrade went perfect thankfully.  I got a little stumble on the HDD when I was trying to pull the little tray out that the drives are connected to.  Something wasnt letting it go.  Thats what happens when you have too many cables in a mid tower sized case.  I managed to get that out and put the new one in.

The CPU fan was the most stressful.  I recalled putting these metal clips into the heatsink which then clasped onto the fan.  What I didnt realize was this was a memory from my previous computer.  The current fan had a plastic clasp thing that locked it onto the heatsink.  So I quickly looked into the box I kept all my left over stuff after an upgrade and sure enough there are 2 spare plastic clasp things and some screws.  So I put it on and was thankful that was going fine.  Then realized 1 of the 3 screws I had decided to VANISH despite being on the floor beside me.  Its completely gone.  I still cant find it.  So I harvested a screw from the previous fan.  It wasnt perfect, but its in enough to hold it in place, fingers crossed.  All looks good.  PC works fine.  Temperatures are about the same.

I celebrated by going to the vet and spending another $40 on pills for my cat.  A week from now I'll know whether the stuff I'm giving him have been having any kind of effect on his infection.  If its doing little then it will be time for my favourite next step, taking him 2-3 times a week for injections which are heaps more powerful.  And also costing me $100 on average PER visit.  Did I mention I still havent found a job yet?  Whats that cat?  You want to spend every last dollar I have?  You've been doing a bloody good job over the past couple years thats for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment