Translate Language

Friday, July 18, 2014

Finally done

So I've finished Bravely Default today on the 3DS.  Been meaning to play it for ages since every one kept saying its the best Square rpg in years etcetc blahblah.  Found it recently at a stupidly low price and went for it.  I'll have to agree its their best one since they've released nothing but rubbish over the past decade.  Their best period was in the 90s during the psx.  Some unbelievably amazing games from them.  PS2 had a couple maybe, though I cant recall.  PS3 period?  pfffft.  Rubbish company.  So you're probably wondering, did I enjoy Bravely Default.  Without giving away any spoilers or hints or whatever, I would have to say no.  The game is decent.  Borderline decent.  The music is awesome, graphics are wonderful, and the battle system is great.  However most of the characters are fairly blah, story is blah, and...BLAH!!  Others will probably enjoy it.  I'm just fairly critical about many things.  Especially when a game like BD is only HALF a game.  The end had a little bonus movie showing a sequel.  I'll probably give it a shot if the story layout chapters are completely different to what I was served in this sad excuse for an rpg.

I've decided to play something a little shorter now and picked up my copy of Last Window, a DS game thats been sitting on my shelf for the past year.  I loved the first title, Hotel Dusk, so I'm sure this will be just fine.  Not sure what I'll fire up after that.  Too many games.  Far too many games built up over time.  Especially in those humble bundle packs from various sites.

And still waiting on my bloody camera to come back from the repair place.  Hurry uuuuuuuuuup.

No comments:

Post a Comment